Saturday, March 8, 2008

First blog, random thoughts...

So here it is, my first post on Blogspot. I decided a few months back to start this page but then never got around to actually posting anything, so I decided now would be a good time to do so. This page is simply for me post thoughts and opinions that I have on my mind from time to time, and also to tell about how life in general is going, what I'm up to. I'm writing this on a lazy Saturday morning, having played a show the night before with Evangeline. The show was, well, interesting from a sound perspective. The other bands we played with were great (Await The Day, Broken Heights), and they're great people too, I just wish we could have actually heard each other without a mess of feedback, muddiness, and power fluctuations on stage. I guess that stuff happens occassionally, I get images from Spinal Tap in my head of Nigel's guitar picking up radio signals while they're playing at an Air Force base...

It's nice to have a day like today where I don't have too much to do. Between work and band rehearsal I can get really worn down. I think the last month especially has been like that. We're constantly tweaking our show and trying to make it better. There's also church stuff tomorrow, I'm on the set-up/tear-down team for this week, and I'm playing with the worship band as well. Anyway, I plan on posting a lot more on here, so check back occassionally, hope you all are having a good day.

No comments: